20 Oct: Festive Over & Out

Syawal month is over and together with it all the open houses. Before Hari Raya, I spent a lot buying new clothes for the children. It is like yearly affair for the family, I guess it is the same for all other families celebrating Hari Raya. So, in the month of Syawal we sort go to open houses to offset the huge expenditure ha ha ha.

This year's Syawal was quite memorable because I was able to celebrate with all my in-laws and with my siblings. But it was quite strenuous on me having to travel to Melaka and Kuantan and vice versa. Tak pe la, Raya punya pasal.

On 4th of Syawal, I went to my brother's new house in Batu Pahat. He moved there about a year ago but I only got the time to visit him recenty. It was a semi-detached house but wow! I was astounded when I saw the house. It was huge and very modern looking. I hope one day I will be able to have that kind of house.

Now that all the celebration is over, we have to go back to the real world where many challenges are ahead of us. As for me, the greatest challenge is ensuring my children have good life in the years to come, meaning ensuring that they get good education and teach them good values in life.

No comments: