14 Sep: Del Potro Dumped Nadal

I was awake at 1:00 am this morning and couldn't sleep. So, I took the opportunity to watch the tennis US Open Mens semifinal. There it was, Juan Martin Del Potro (I like this name) vs Rafael Nadal. Of course, Nadal is the favourite and has been a finalist in many major tournaments. While Del Potro is the new kid on the block.

Del Potro is from Argentina and stands tall at 6 feet 6 inches, that's really tall. He easily dwarfed me by 1 foot, and that means I will be as high as his armpit. And guess what, this guy doesn't shave his armpit, it shows as he wears sleeveless T-shirt when playing.

Back to the game, Del Potro won 6-2 6-2 6-2. Nadal was overwhelmed by Del Potro's big serves and big forehand and the biggest weapon unleashed was the big backhand. Next, Del Potro will face the current champion, Roger Federer. It will be interesting.

No comments: